Wednesday, April 15, 2009

When it all started.

Well it all starts with when I was 11 yrs old, on a family vacation in St. Cloud, MN on a cabin resort. I started to get sick, which was a frequent thing for me back then because I was always sick with the flu like symptoms. It was like an every week thing. So it got to the point when I was so weak that I could not even walk up a little hill to get to the cabin. My energy had weaken so bad that I could not do anything. Once I got to the cabin , it got worse. I went blind. I was taken straight to the hospital but went unconsious on the way.
At the St. Cloud hospital they did a bunch of test but then I was life flighted to St. Paul Childrens Hospital. They continued to run more test when they realized that my right kidney never grew from birth. It was causing damgae to my body and my left kidney. Having this conditin also made me have high blood pressure.
Once all the testing was done, I went in for surgery. I remember laying on a cold metal bed and pushed down this hallway and it was very warm. When I got to the operating room and put a mask on me and told me to count down starting with 10. I think I made it to 8. So it did not take very long.
After surgery, I was taken back to my room on a ventalator. When they went to remove the breathing machine but blood pressure sky rocketed and my vials were unstable. They said that they about lost me (as me dying). They kept the breathing tube in unitl everything got back to normal. Eventually things got better and I got off the breathing machine.
About the next day I was up and sitting in a chair and feeling better. They moved me from ICU to another floor to recover.
I spent the whole summer of '93 in the hospital. This is my short story of how this all started.......

No comments:

Post a Comment