Thursday, April 16, 2009

Day 1 of testing....

The first day up at Mayo started at 5:30am. I had to register and get thing going. I had to also check in at another area which did not open until 6:10am so we had to wait in a cafateria. After the office opened I got check in when they gave me a ton of information and then sent me to lab. Once I got to lab and called back they took 21 vials of blood. I didnt think I would have blood left after that.
Next was a ultrasound. I got to that area and got called back right away. When she started the test she had to push really hard on my stomach which kinda hurt. The test only took about 10min and then I got to leave.
Its now about 10am and I was on my way to another appointment. I also want to tell you that these appointment are not in the same location. We had to travel through subway level to get to the right areas. Walking back and forth to all areas, I think we all got a really good excersice.
I finally go to the radiology area where I needed a chest x-ray. I again got register but I hadnt sat down when they called me back. They were fast. They took a couple of pictures and it was all done. WOW how quick.
I also had to see a financial advisor that filled me in on insurance stuff and the cost of a transplant for a living donor. The transplant will cost approximatly 150,000 - 250,000 dollars.
My next appointment was a electrocardiography. I was still at the register desk when they call me back. This test only took about 10min as well. I was in and out.
It is now 3:00pm when I went to go see a doctor to tell me all the results from all of the testing. Dr. Talor told me that all of the testing came back normal and that they did not find anything unsual. Some of my blood levels are high. My creatinine is 3.8 and the normal range should be any where between 0.6 - 1.2.
This is a sumed up version of what my day consist of on Monday the 13th.

No comments:

Post a Comment