Friday, April 24, 2009

Let's try it again......

So the doctor's appointment yesterday was uneventful. It was the first time I've seen this doctor and was apprehensive the moment I walked in. There was a male doctor that was loud and condescending. Fantastic. I got called back by the nurse, had to get on the scale that is in front of EVERYONE. Hateful little machine that was. I was put in a patient room and the door was left open. Condescending doctor was with a patient and had the door OPEN and was talking to this man about his colon infection and said doctor was going to cure it. I was appalled. I wouldn't want the ENTIRE office hearing about my colon infection. *shudder*

Anyway, the doctor came in (a female doctor in the practice) and appeared to have the personality of a rock. We started talking children and she found her personality. She gave me two prescriptions for a muscle spasm I've been dealing with for a while and the order for a cholesterol test. I walked down the hall to the lab carrying my little white box with MAYO - LIVE SPECIMEN ENCLOSED. Wouldn't you know it, the lab's policy changed and unless I was having blood drawn for something else, I was SOL. Because they didn't have anyone to bill. Bill my damn insurance. I DON'T CARE.

I go back tomorrow morning at 11:10am for a blood draw for the cholesterol test and to satisfy the requirements for Mayo. I pray for everyone that will cross my path. I have to fast and get nohthing until the draw is completed. Water only. I'm not a very nice or good person when denied food and coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment