Wednesday, August 19, 2009

It's been a while......

So I thought I'd update a bit.

Jenny and Jamie leave for Rochester on Sunday the 23rd for Jenny's 2 day donor testing. I'm a bit edgy as I'm sure the girlz are as well.

Saturday, August 29th a poker run has been organized for Jamie. Lance, who is our cousin, organized and promoted the entire event. I can't tell you what this means!!! Auntie Marcia jumped in a got a bunch of stuff for prizes and raffles.

If you are interested in attending, check in is from 10am - 12pm at Chappy's on Main Street in Clarion. $10 per person or $15 per couple. All forms of transportation are accepted. I do believe my dad is driving the party bus, so let me know if you are interested, but would rather not drive. I can find out how many people Dad is already taking and how many he has room for.

The poker run will end at the Corner Bar in Belmond with a $5 meal (I think it's a burger, chips and soda), raffle/prizes, karaoke and much fun!!! We'd love to see you before/during/after.

Jamie's last nephrology appointment ended with her blood pressure and other levels remaining virtually the same. Seems Jamie's biggest symptom is lack of appetite and so she's been losing a bit of weight. That symptom is bittersweet.

Jamie and Jenny are hoping to have good news to share at the final destination of the poker run. We'll be posting back here with those results and a play by play of the run.

The 'Fight Like a Girl' fundraiser is still going on. If you are interested and need an order form or more info, email me at kimberelym@yahoo.com and I'll get you whatever you need.

As always, thank you SO much for your thoughts and prayers during this life altering event. Many things are changing on many levels and a blog isn't enough to share all of that. I can't explain how this all started so foggy in the beginning and has become more clear as time passes. Not only with Jamie going through this but other areas of our lives. Some things are not so important anymore, some relationships are becoming stronger and others are weakening and falling apart. Individuals are growing confidence and self esteem while others are imploding. It's been surreal however it's been a long time coming.


No comments:

Post a Comment