Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Phone Call.....

When I got into work yesterday I was told by my other coworkers that a really good friend of the family was on life support. She is only 51 years old and has 2 son's which one of her son's was really close to my brother and was with him when my brother passed. I was really heart broken to hear this. After awhile later I received a phone call from my sister Jenny, who works up at Mercy, saying that the family told Jenny that they wanted to donate one of her kidneys to me if she was a match. I started crying because this would mean alot to me to have her apart of my life.
After waiting for awhile more I contacted a family member Nicole Buseman and was talking back and forth to her about all this and they got information from me to give to there donor coordinator. They stated that they would call me if her blood type was a match.
I received another phone call at about 10pm last night from Nicole Buseman saying that her blood type is a match and they were going to test her kidney to make sure that there was no infection in them or any cancer.
This morning I received a phone call from there donor coordinator to ask me some question and to get the phone number to my transplant coordinator to get the papers filled out. All of this has been an emotional rollercoaster. Waiting to her from people and not being able to see the family to give my sympathy. I have not gotten a phone call yet back to finialize all of this.
I have to try to explain this to my 7 year old son that mommy has to have surgery and would be gone for about a month but that he can come see me anytime. This is I believe is going to be the worse yet. I love my family very much and they have been by my side every step of the way......

No comments:

Post a Comment