Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Day 3 of Testing

I talked to Jamie this morning. She has a couple more tests and meetings with doctors/social workers and then will head home. She said she is pretty wiped out from all of this. Early mornings, tons of information, lots of waiting and just being emotional. Do you blame her?

I also had a conversation with the transplant/donor coordinator today. Kay is a lovely woman and really put me at ease. She asked a bunch of medical questions that you normally find on a first time patient form to see a doctor. I should receive the educational material and donor kit in about a week. I'll get a blood draw and FedEx it to Mayo and then need to call 4 days after that for the results.

I might have mentioned this before, but if this goes smoothly, the surgery will be late May, early June. Jamie will stay in Rochester after surgery for about 3-4 weeks for monitoring. Mayo has a Transplant House that Jamie would move to during that time.

Jamie did say that she would have an opportunity to get online on the way home (yeah for aircards!!) and do a post.

Please continue to keep Jamie in your thoughts and prayers.....

No comments:

Post a Comment